10.20.2008

When it's cold outside...

... it is also cold inside. At least here - when we decided to turn our pellet stove on for the first time this season, it decided that it had different plans.

Since our thermostat is hovering right around 60-61 degrees the last couple days, we've had to find other means of staying warm. Microfleece socks, pants, and sweatshirts; hot chocolate; chicken soup; blankets....

Oh yes, and wool! I've attempted to keep warm by spinning. Between the activity and the fiber, it should kinda work, right? Well, it was a good excuse anyway. Here's my work from the past week/weekend:
This is superfine merino dyed by Hillary of Dashing Dachs - in her Pumkinhead colorway. Keep watching the blog for more information on when/where this will be available for purchase!

This is a lovely merino from The Fiber Denn on Etsy - it is part of her Begonia series. I like to call it "Lemon Berry" - after my very favorite dessert mix from Tastefully Simple (which is not available at the current time, a fact which I am still mourning). 2ply/175yds. This will be coming to YINIA for a special stocking next month - more information on that later!

I think its time for another cup of hot chocolate... or maybe time to bake some cookies... Either way, must keep these fingers warm until tonight, when I can spin again!

No comments: